Monday, October 31, 2005

I had the strangest dream

Last night I had what can only be described as the strangest dream ever... Although perhaps not as I have had a long line of strange dreams since starting college last year, I think there must be something strange in the water in Lincoln.

Last night I had a dream I was pregnant and was effectively ready to pop. It was so strange as I went round a variety of places that I probably wouldn't dream of going when pregnant (especially at that stage anyway) such as going to a local fair and going on rides such as rollercoasters and bumper cars. I was going round with my mum she kept asking me if I was all right and if my waters had broken or anything and I kept saying no but had the strangest feeling every time she asked.

I woke up this morning thinking about this and put it down to my hormones and the amount of Vicks vapour nasal unblocker I had inhaled the day before (why is it that my nasal passages try and suffocate me every time I get a cold?), I must have been high from the fumes. When I got to college one of the other girls in my class said she'd had a similar dream except she kept waking herself up thinking that she could feel the baby kicking. Which made me think more seriously about the something in the water idea!!!

This dream is going to take some deciphering. I have been watching Desperate Midwives on BBC Three recently but I gave that up as it made me broody so this may explain partly why I had the dream. I do want to have children but not yet. Firstly I need to find the right man for me then I would eventually want to get married. I don't want to have children without getting married. It sounds a bit old fashioned in today's society but I think it adds a new dimension to the relationship and is a symbol of commitment. I'm not against other people not getting married but I think it shows kids that they are part of a unit. So although I have this great longing at the moment to have a little, tiny, cute baby all of my own I'm trying to tell myself that I'm not ready yet and that I need to wait till I have somebody special to share the experience with.

Although the dream is puzzling me I'm just grateful that it wasn't as bad as the one I had about the girl using a mustache as a skipping rope!

No comments: